miércoles, 20 de agosto de 2008

A US tradition: marsmallows


Some weekends ago Euni made a BBQ. After dinner she said that the dessert would be S'mores, obviously the other Argentinias and me said WHAT????, so she explained us that S'mores are made by placing a toasted marshmallow atop a slice of chocolate which is placed between two graham crackers (I included the picture of the final result).


This is a popuplar camping tradition here, and also in other countries like Canada, Australia, New Zealand and UK.


Making them was very funny. A mashmallow (malva in Spanish) is placed at the end of a stick and held over a fire, with care toward safety, until it turns golden brown. This creates a caramelized outer skin with a liquid, melted layer underneath. After that you just have to prepare the S'more and enjoy it!!!


I had learnt something new, that's why I want to share my experience with you. I hope you have the opportunity to try one. It is an exciting adventure to prepare them and also a pleasure to taste them!!!

No hay comentarios: